24 CFR 103.315 Relief sought for aggrieved persons

Next | Previous | Index

(a) The following types of relief may be sought for aggrieved persons in conciliation:

(1) Monetary relief in the form of damages, including damages caused by humiliation or embarrassment, and attorney fees;

(2) Other equitable relief including, but not limited to, access to the dwelling at issue, or to a comparable dwelling, the provision of services or facilities in connection with a dwelling, or other specific relief; or

(3) Injunctive relief appropriate to the elimination of discriminatory housing practices affecting the aggrieved person or other persons.

(b) The conciliation agreement may provide for binding arbitration of the dispute arising from the complaint. Arbitration may award appropriate relief as described in paragraph (a) of this section. The aggrieved person and the respondent may, in the conciliation agreement, limit the types of relief that may be awarded under binding arbitration.

Next | Previous | Index